Up The Creek - Darwin Harbour Cruise
- Varighed: 60 Minutter (Ca.)
- Sted: Darwin, NT
- Produkt kode: HH
Sea Darwin’s local crew will take you “up the creek”, where you’ll get up close and personal with the mangrove habitat and learn about the pristine tropical ecosystems of the harbour. After an introduction to the geography and landmarks of Darwin Harbour, we will take you up the creek past an eclectic collection of boats that ooze story and character before arriving at a crocodile trap, where you'll be offered a taste of Sea Darwin's "Saltie" gin. Cruising past Fisherman’s Wharf you'll hear about Darwin’s pearling history and modern-day fishing commerce, before venturing out into the harbour proper where you will pause at locations to hear about the Bombing of Darwin before seeing first-hand the Darwin City Seascape and the hive of activity of our modern Harbour, including our Defence base. This Darwin Harbour adventure cruise goes where the other boats don’t go, giving you and up close and personal experience with the real Darwin Harbour.
This unique tour has obtained advanced Ecotourism and ROC accreditation.YOU'LL EXPERIENCE….
- An interactive tour of a mangrove waterway;
- A visit to a crocodile trap;
- A little taste of Saltie Gin;
- Harbour landmarks including where the telegraph cable from London came ashore;
- Vistas of the Darwin seascape including Coonawarra Naval Base;
- Occasionally sight dolphins and other tropical marine life.